Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

Mexico

Okay, folks. I apologize in advance, for this is going to be one long photo essay. The long and short of our vacation is this: it could have been better, but it could have been worse, too. I ended up in a Mexican hospital with a nasty stomach bug and dehydration, but I am fine now. Really. So, without further adieu (that word makes me want to watch Sound of Music!), let me show you the highlights from our vacaciones interesante:
Hanging out in the pool. It was so cute -- Jack walked all over the place in the shallow end in his floatie. He's a complete water boy. Though I hope he's not a water boy when he grows up -- I'm hoping for starting quarterback or something like that. :-)

The Ninja Turtle pond. It actually did have some turtles in it, but they were not as cool as the grand foursome of my childhood.


This is what our ping-pong ball at the hotel looked like.....

But we managed to have a good time anyway.



Aunt Cheryl loves rocks.


They build houses right on top of the rock. Resourceful people in Cabo.

The ladies at Romeo and Julieta's.
Posing in my new Ann Taylor Loft dress. It is officially the most comfortable thing I have ever worn, perfect for traveling, and at $19.99, an absolute steal. RUN folks, don't walk, to the nearest ATL and get one for yourself!

My son is so beautiful it takes my breath away sometimes!

I couldn't have survived this trip without my mom.
Here is the not-so-safe-I-would-never-use-in-the-States crib at the hotel. It made me grateful for U.S. safety standards!

I think this is my favorite photo from the whole vacation. Jack's first time at the beach, assisted by his Great-Aunt Cheryl.
We went ambling (more like dragging for me since I still felt weak from the hospital) down the beach toward these rocks.
Behind Mom is the strangest hotel I've ever seen. I think it belongs on the Star Wars planet Tattooin. Forgive my spelling, Becca. I know you don't care, but you're married to the resident SW expert, so I'm just covering my bases.
The rocks were pretty interesting -- so many nooks and crannies to squeeze into. It made me want to lose weight.
I love this picture. The spray was so beautiful shooting up against the rocks.


I don't know why, but I dig iguanas with sombreros. Fascinating creatures.

As we were walking through the mall, we found Bully's cafe. Bully was too cute for me to resist. Hey, I'm a former Bulldog myself!
Mom finds a wild friend. Good colors for the zebra, don't you think? Adios!

7 comments:

  1. it's too bad you got so sick, 'cause it looks like you would have been able to go on a lot of adventures. I'm glad you're ok now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping that Jack is an olympic track star rather than starting quarterback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where have I been?

    Mexico?!! Just you girls? How fun!!

    Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of good pictures.
    Sorry you got sick, but hopefully you enjoyed the girl time.

    A track star? Really? I think he'll have to shed a few percentage points on the bodyfat scale first... :-) Who am I kidding? He's built just like I was so I guess I should make too much fun of little jack jack.

    I miss warm sunny places with nice beaches. Hawaii anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal,

    I like photo essays. Thanks for the great pictures.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Shane completely, 100%. Hawaii!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am offically in the loop now. I have this little blog called, "your biggest fans" sitting in my google reader account waiting for updates and nothing. Then I see a Crystal on Stefanies side bar and what-do-ya-know I've been missing out on Mexico, and Jack and the fourth! I'm all caught up now.
    Becca

    ReplyDelete

I love love love your comments! :-)