Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

Hollywood's Version of Equality

You know what I find ironic? Sean Penn in his acceptance speech for his win of his portrayal of Harvey Milk, a gay activist:

"I think that it is a good time for those who voted for the ban against gay marriage to sit and reflect and anticipate their great shame and the shame in their grandchildren's eyes if they continue that way of support," he said. "We've got to have equal rights for everyone."

This when the jewels on supermodel Heidi Klum's body ALONE boasted a price tag of $900,000.

So much for equality! Hollywood has opulent, hypocritical wealth, while the rest of America has morals. When actors and actresses come down to the real world, maybe then I'll listen to their opinions on "equal rights for everyone."

2 comments:

  1. You and Nick will have to steal away to Hawaii someday ALONE. It is wonderful...

    I still have baby Jack's Christmas gift...

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't even get me started on Sean Penn. I just tried not to pay attention when he began spewing his liberal retoric all over the place during his acceptance speech.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love your comments! :-)