Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Beauty is....

NOT FOUND THROUGH PLASTIC SURGERY.

Recently, I was watching my favorite late-night show. Featured that night was a young tabloid staple -- a girl who lives for any amount of fame she can get. She and the host discussed her recent TEN plastic surgeries she'd had in ONE day. As the before and after photos flashed onscreen, I couldn't help but notice....she didn't look any different. Except those monstrous life preservers (or life suckers, take your pick) attached to her chest.

"I really wanted to get bigger boobs than these," she told the host, "but it was not legal. I guess any more cc's of saline might have killed me. But I still plan on getting them bigger in the future." (I was impressed with her use of not 1, not 2, but 5 two-syllable words!).

"Does it hurt?" the host asked.

Her blonde locks bobbing in agreement, she purred, "Oh, it's excruciating. But you know, they say beauty is pain!"

I couldn't get her words out of my head as I got into bed. How sad that this young woman, already slim, attractive and well-0ff, feels she has to change herself into an impossible ideal.

Because honestly? She is FAR from the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. It doesn't matter what this girl changes herself into; I've known woman who can simultaneously make men's heads turn and God's heart melt with love and pride with their selfless actions.

Beauty is not pain. Beauty is freedom. Beauty is dreams turned into action. Beauty is...

The love between a man and a woman who have waited for each other.


A life growing inside of you


A slumbering baby

The Pacific Northwest

Being part of a community



God's creation -- a reminder of his love through nature



Living in a free country


Girlfriends
Beauty is The Cross

What is your beautiful?

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't have expressed it any more poetically than you did. Very nice. I wish more people could figure out this truth, and that young girls wouldn't feel compelled to live up to the air-brushed images they are bombarded with on a daily basis. Beauty comes from within. Just look at Mother Teresa and others like her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I'm privileged to know a few of the most beautiful people in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad just read this and said it is one of the best blogs he has ever read. Very impressed, and loved the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love your comments! :-)