Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Donate Your Old Phone, Change Someone's Life


So I recently discovered a super-cool project spearheaded by a Stanford senior to expedite medical service in Malawi and thought I would share it with you.

Hope Phones takes your old cell phones (used, broken, working, whatever) and recycles them into a simple sort of 911 service for those in impoverished, rural Malawi. It would take me too long to explain, so go the site, click on "How Will My Phone Make an Impact?" and watch this video:
http://www.hopephones.org/

They even pay for your postage! How cool is that? It took me 3 minutes to find the old cell phone, print the label and drop it in the mailbox. It's a pretty awesome, effortless way to change someone's life on the other side of the world.

Be global.

2 comments:

  1. I just did that not too long ago for service men and women. Same deal, free shipping and a good cause. Great idea though, so many people just have them laying around getting dusty or in a junk drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! Thanks for sharing the link! I am visiting via your comment at Enjoying the Small things today. I love that blog. Recently I have been trying to visit a few of the commentors in front of me when I go there. Your son is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love your comments! :-)