And a race. I'd definitely have to put that on the list, too.
So on a GORGEOUS Sunday morning, Nick, Jonathan, my dad, our new foreign exchange student Celia and I headed out to Fern Ridge. For our first triathlon! Well, okay, we only did the relay. But it's a baby step!
Nickolas thinks Michael Phelps thoughts as he prepares to zoom across the lake. 500 meters of it, anyways.
I am so bursting with pride for my man. He has never entered any sort of swim competition before -- in fact, I taught him how to swim on our honeymoon. He started swimming in his gym's pool last year and discovered he really liked it.
Nick ran in from the water like a pro. He finished in the top 25%!
Now on to the transition area where Jonathan was waiting.
Poor Jonathan. The first part of his race went not-so-well; his chain popped off first thing and he pedaled himself flat on his face on the concrete. But he picked himself up and finished strong.
- I ran a 5k at an 8:20 pace, which is seriously COOKIN' for this short, slow girl.
- I definitely have plenty of muscle tone in my legs....maybe too much....
- I'm wearing my Compassion race shirt. And I love my running skirt that I got on sale for $8, thank you very much.
- My feet barely leave the ground when I run. Why can't I just look normal at something I've been doing for so long and that feels so natural and good?!?!
- Apparently my new stride I'm trying out still needs some tweaking.
- Do I have to look like a bucky beaver when I run? I swear I had braces!
- And seriously, my legs make me think of timber. Very short timber.
And one more thing.....we won our relay division with a time of 2 hours, 11 minutes, 47 seconds!