Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

10 Things I'm Loving Right Now


1) Autumn in the Willamette Valley. I mean, seriously. Get out of town. Could the leaves be any more vibrant, the air more crisp, the football more exciting, the bonfires more tantalizing or the scenery more breathtaking? I think not. I can't tell you how many times I've been driving down the road in the past two weeks and have been left speechless by what my Lasiked eyes are seeing.


A walk through the country with my baby-wearing husband. It's hard to decide which one to look at!

2) Cowgirl Dirt Cosmetics. I can't remember where I heard of this Montana-based company, but they had me at the name. And everything I've ordered, from the foundation to the cover-up, has been fantastic. Bonus: everything is all-natural, the customer service has been killer (I LOVE family businesses!) and the prices are decent.



3) "Sunday Picture" rejects. Because sometimes, it kills me to just show one. Avinly, why oh why do you have to be so ridiculously photogenic? ("Because she's my daughter," Nick-the-wannabe-model says.)



4) Fit2B's New Stuff. You may have heard me rave about my favorite online fitness site. Guess what? They've got some new stuff happening! I'm loving the way they now list their workouts alphabetically (so much easier to find my top routines!) and are even on Roku!. Remember, you can always enter the code CRYSTALKUPPER at checkout to get 3 months of 24-7 routines for just $20.


5) Trampoline Pow-Wows with Aunties
. I'm seriously soaking up the preciousness of these last few weeks in the U.S. as we make the rounds saying goodbye to family and friends. Drink it all in, little man, because pretty soon these moments will be Face Timed instead of face-to-face.



 6) Homemade wooden blocks for a good cause. My Vancouver friends Mark and Rebecca Jenks brought home Gavyn and Veronika from Eastern Europe last year. Both babes are awesome, beautiful and blessed with an extra chromosome. It's been such a wonderful experience that the Jenks are returning for a 12-year-old girl, also with Down Syndrome.

To finance the adoption, they are selling these handmade wooden block puzzles.
Mark is a really talented guy! We bought a space-themed set for Jack's birthday. It teaches him the planets on one side with a puzzle of a shuttle on the other. Perfect for all ages because the little ones can stack and destroy while Jack pieces together and learns! P.S. Mark has a James Bond accent, and if you're lucky, you'll get to hear it when you buy a set.


The farm set -- another great choice!

7) Husbands who gladly pitch in with laundry...and find new methods of baby transportation.
And who look cute while doing it!



8) When communities rally around their own. Check out this awesome clip from friends just a few counties south. I needed some good news, and this story provided it.


9) My dog. In a complicated, angry world, Klaus only shows me love. And I dig it. Metaphorically, of course; he's the one who does the digging.



And finally...


10) Morning hair. You're welcome.

I'm turning the tables: what are YOU loving right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love your comments! :-)